Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Day 455: The last day. Yes Gentle Reader, I think tomorrow is the start of a new era, not the end of one. So the blog stops here as they say. I didn't achieve any of my body goals in the 15 months, but somehow stayed alive so thats an achievement. Im secretly amazed that I had the discipline to take a photo every day and more or less publish them regularly.
So, "forty years, how'd ya feel?" I have to say that my one and only sadness is missing out on fatherhood, otherwise in every case where I have wanted something and didn't get it, I got something unexpected and much better in its place. I have three university degrees but am most proud of my TAFE certificate in Fitness Training and my Zertificate Deutsch, both of which took copious amounts of blood, sweat and tears (not to mention embarassment and humiliation!).
My goals to reach by age 40 included living in a house I own (tick) and to have written a book (tick, I just received the rejection letter from Random House to prove it!). I have had magnificent friendships, the most important of which still go on.
I could mention all by name but mostly they know what's in my heart. Elaine, Lizzie, Kirsten, Penny (and any other Aussies who have read in secret!)
Hi Rinda also, who is the other regular reader, its nice to share some post modern community with you!

Anyway, before enlightenment chop wood carry water. After enlightenment, chop wood carry water.
Must be time to chop some wood and carry some water!



4 Comments:

Blogger Elaine said...

I'm sorry to see this project ended but, as you say time to chop more wood...

Looking forward to your next online project. If only to see what you are up to from afar.

Happy 40 day!

2:54 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I will so miss seeing the daily pics of your wonderful face. I'll miss the wimsy of the photos.

You know, 40 isn't too late to be a father. And haven't you heard? 40 is the new 30. (g)

Good luck in placing that book!

3:31 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

whimsy. I'm tired from the constant night storms. Thought something was wrong with that comment. :)

3:32 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, let me know if you find another project. Nearing 40 myself so I may have to do a photo a day.

On second thought, I don't photograph nearly as well as you do. heh

2:57 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home