Thursday, June 01, 2006



Day 112: Earned some money today, so that felt good. That we went out and spent most of it straight away also felt good actually! Here I am with my 'treat' purchase, a very kitsch lamp made of halogen tubes. I've admired it in a slightly embarrassed way for some time and today it was reduced by 75% so now at last its mine.

Smoking in the workplace, and almost every other place, is still acceptable in Germany so have had a bit of a headache after spending 3 hours in a smoky office this morning. So much for international non smoking day, although to be fair that was yesterday. Maybe they were making up for lost time? Its very strange here, you walk into a shopping centre of the airport and there are non smoking signs all over the place, declarations that it is a smoke free environment, however there are smoking areas every few metres and smokers in and around every bar and cafe. Its something that really detracts from enjoying a meal out, or even a visit to a cafe for a snack, especially when the old guys light up their cigars. You can cough and splutter as dramatically as you want but its not part of the culture to associate this with their smoking. Anyway, the point of that was to explain I have a headache so will get to my emails tomorrow. Of course I realize I could have just gone and written the emails in the same time but... I didn't! Tchuss bis morgan.

2 Comments:

Blogger Elaine said...

My grandparents had one of those lights when I was a wee gel. Does that make you feel good too?

12:39 pm  
Blogger photo a day 15til40 said...

as I recall, they were VERY stylish people!

4:59 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home