Thursday, July 13, 2006



Day 154: Tomorrow the heat wave is supposed to break and we should expect a so called "Scandinavian Summer", with lots of sun, day temps around 25, night temps around 15. Sounds like heaven but as its still hovering between 29 and 30 at 11.39pm, I'll believe it when it happens.

Meanwhile I need to stay awake for an hour or so to ring my parents and make sure they haven't been wiped out by the rogue retired driver who crashed into their local shopping centre! I do believe people should give up their licenses much earlier than they do, I have known of people driving round one day and literally placed in dementia wards the next, all because people were too scared to impinge on their independence. If I'm lucky I'll never drive again, but if I do have to I will certainly be handing in the keys at the earliest opportunity. Off the soapbox now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home