Monday, May 01, 2006



Day 81: You in your small corner, and I in mine. It looks as if my studio is finished from this view, however the tripod stands within chaos worthy of a natural disaster. I realize, through logic or physics or whatever science is applicable, that because of the huge amount of stuff that has been moved out of this room there must be less still there. However empirical evidence suggests otherwise. I was going to do a mammoth effort and get it finished tonight but I simply can't. We must be closer though, if only slightly.

Today was a holiday for May Day, or the Day of Work, and the traditional thing to do in Germany on this day is to BBQ. And so, we BBQ'd! With all the works etc I have been managing about 3 visits to the gym each week instead of the optimal 6. So I planned to go every day in May, except for my birthday when we will be out of town. Needless to say, like the fiend who breakfasts on cigarettes and chocolate on January 1st, my resolution is already kaput. Oh well, its not my fault the gym was only open a few hours because of the holiday....is it? I did manage my homework though.

If anyone has any tips on how to quickly identify the nominative, the accusative and the dative sections of a sentence, I'd be most appreciative. I understand the principles but it takes so long to figure out on the run, let alone remember which article and ending are then needed. I wonder if I sound cute when I try to speak German or simply like someone who has escaped from somewhere.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home