Friday, June 02, 2006



Day 113: Today must surely be the last day such a catastrophic mess is present in our house. Any minute now the sofabed will be put together, the new light fittings installed and everything will be in its appointed place!

Strange how words stick in the mind, we discovered a new bakery in the town today, one of the new trends here of 'serve yourself' bakeries. While in Australia there may be a pub on every corner, here there is literally a bakery and another on every street in between. I'm glad this one has come, it has both bagels and raisin bread, which are two things previously unavailable and greatly missed. They also have a do it yourself slicing machine, which we managed to work out without cutting our arms off or breaking (although it does have a very noisy lid if you drop it). So as the bread started to chug through the machine and slice successfully, my thought was "Isn't that snazzy!" Where on earth did that come from? Snazzy is not a word I can remember ever using before, I believe it was something my mother would have said in the '70s! I hate to think what else is lurking away behind the scenes in there, and worse still, waiting to pop out in unexpected moments.

2 Comments:

Blogger Elaine said...

A fibre optic light and the word 'snazzy'. What is the world of Bruce coming to?

2:07 am  
Blogger photo a day 15til40 said...

I hadn't spotted that trend... too busy getting my afro perm and ironing my flares!

actually no one would really notice here, if I did do that! We saw a very stylish woman yesterday, about 45 years old, with a lime green cape (with hood), high high high lime green strappy stilettos, and a rather magnificent peroxide bouffant. Maybe I have a soul mate?

11:08 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home